Tuesday, July 28, 2015

American Star - Creating on a Budget



I love decorating my home but I hate spending money on items that will only be out a few months each year. So, in my attempts to be frugal I tend to make items here and there. I was browsing the While Supplies Section of my website recently and came across the My Creations Star. I loved it when it was introduced and gladly snagged a few once I saw the price was reduced!

This project came together very quickly (like under an hour) and was a great way to use up pieces of leftover cardstock. Less than a half sheet of each color was used. The white stars are self adhesive enamel and give a nice dimension to the piece. Each package of White Enamel Stars comes with 72 pieces in two different sizes. I used the larger stars so needed 2 packages (you could easily make this project using one package if you don't mind mixing sizes). I finished it off by sealing with Mod Podge for extra stability.

I'm pretty pleased with how this project turned out and super happy it cost less than $15 to make! I'd say that's a win!

Supplies Used (all CTMH Unless Otherwise Noted):
Paper: Holiday Red Cardstock (retired), Outdoor Denim Cardstock (1275), White Daisy Cardstock (1385)
Stamps: None
Ink: None
Other: MyCreations Star, White Enamel Stars (Z2010)

I'd be happy to help you make this project! If you purchase the My Creations Star from my website I will gladly email you a template to cut each piece of the star. I'm not sure how long the star will be available so don't wait!

~Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment