Sunday, October 26, 2014

Two-Sided Vinyl Glass Block - Halloween


I've been having a lot of fun playing with 8" x 8" glass blocks and vinyl lately! They were a big hit at the craft fair a few weeks ago. This is a custom two-sided block I made for a co-worker.


The "Trick-or-Treat" image was a free svg file I found online (I can't remember the site though). It's filled with lights so when you plug it in and it's dark it's kinda magical!


The "out of candy" side was created in Cricut Design Space using the CTMH Artbooking cartridge(for Boo and jack-o-lantern). I used Harrington font for "Happy Halloween" and Cricut Basics for the rest of the sentiment.

I hope she likes it!

I've made several of these blocks this season. Once you get used to playing with vinyl they come together pretty quickly. Here are a few of the others I've made (you can click on the image for a larger view):




Thanks for checking out my blocks! I'm looking forward to playing around with winter themed ones soon. I have a few ready to ship blocks available on my Etsy store if you are in need of a gift or home decor item. I also do custom work (kids, monograms, etc) so if you dream it I can probably make it!

~Michelle Battitori

2 comments:

  1. Michelle: are you using deco mesh for the inside, and if your lights inside get hot....is that a problem?? would love to make these for Hospital Auxiliary! Thanks for your help

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you put the battery pack for the lights inside the glass block? on the double sided one I was wondering where the batteries were

    ReplyDelete