Monday, October 6, 2014

ShinHan Marker Blog Hop - Marbled Background



Welcome to our ShinHan Marker Blog Hop!  If you have come here from Kelly's Blog, you are on the right path! The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way all around.  If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants on Melinda’s Blog: http://www.ifyoublingit.blogspot.com

This month we have over 40 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using the ShinHan Markers and other great CTMH products on their blogs. This is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! Here we go!




Supply List: (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper: New England Ivy Cardstock (1282), 4x6 photo paper (Epson)
Ink: Archival Black (44751)
Stamp: In the Moment (C1565)
Other: ShinHan Markers (Vivid Green, Deep Olive Green, Mahogany, Carmine, Marigold, Barely Beige), Spray Pen (Z1380),  Magnets (Amazon), Rubbing Alcohol (CVS)

My project, a magnetic bookmark, was inspired by THIS alcohol marker marbling technique. Here's a detailed, step-by-step tutorial on how to make the marbled background:

1. Gather your supplies. You'll need ShinHan Markers (4-6 complimentary colors), Glossy Cardstock, Regular Cardstock, Ziploc-type bag, and Rubbing Alcohol Spray (a full list of products and item numbers can be found above).


 2. Insert cardstock into Ziploc bag. This is your template. I secured mine on my VersaMat with a little bit of scotch tape.

3. Color the top of the bag with ShinHan Markers making sure to cover the entire template. Actually, it's more like scribbling then coloring and you do not need to blend your colors.


4. Spritz bag with rubbing alcohol until inks look wet and droplets of liquid are visible. 



5. Place glossy cardstock (I used 4" x 6" photo paper) onto bag with glossy side down, pressing and holding for a few seconds. Lift glossy cardstock up. You can leave it as is or repeat steps 3-5 until you are satisfied with the color.




6. Use your new background to complete your project! 


To finish my bookmark I cut a piece of cardstock to 8 1/2" x 1 3/4" and folded in half. Next, I trimmed my new background piece into 4" x 1 1/2" strips and mounted onto folded cardstock. I also used a couple different sentiments from the In The Moment stamp set using Archival Black ink. To finish it off I adhered two sets of magnets to the inside of the bookmark. That's it! So easy and now I'll never lose my place in my book! 

 
Thanks for sticking around and checking out my project! Now "Hop" on over to Jean's Blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas! To purchase your own set of ShinHan Markers please contact your CTMH Consultant or visit my website HERE.


~Michelle Battitori

No comments:

Post a Comment