Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A Cheery Card with Artbooking Overlays


Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop! This month there are 12 bloggers participating and all of us will be highlighting Cricut Artbooking Overlays! This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique.


If you are coming from Marianne's Blog, you are on the right track! My mom recently had surgery on her foot so I wanted to make something bright to cheer her up.

I couldn't think of a better way than with a sunburst card! This card uses the Shift + Overlay function on page 81 of the Artbooking Cartridge. My card is an A10 size (9" x 3 3/4") so I knew I had to have a 9" length image.


All the images on the Artbooking cartridge are proportionate to the main layout or mini-album so I knew I had to use the Real Dial Size to get a true 9" image. Unfortunately after much playing it didn't work so I turned to the trusty Cricut Craft Room for help. It's pretty awesome that not only does CTMH give you a million different cuts to choose from (actually more like 700) but you can further manipulate each image in craft room to stretch it or break the proportion links to get the exact size you want.


Once I got the sizing right I finished the card with a stamp from a previous CTMH special, You Are My Happy and a little edge distressing. Now it's time to get it in the mail before my mom sees my post!

Supply List: 
Paper: Babycakes (X7173B), Surf's Up (X7168B),
Ink: Goldrush (Z2123), Crystal Blue (Z2117)
Stamps: You Are My Happy 
Other: Cricut Artbooking Cartridge (Z1906), Sponge Daubers (Z726), 3D Foam Tape (Z1151), Designer Cards (K&Company)

Thanks for stopping by.  Please continue onto Terry's Blog where you will find some additional artwork highlighting this technique! Be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you thought of my variation and happy hopping.

6 comments:

  1. I could use some sunshine right now in our freezing office, love the pop of color. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your color choices, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice sunburst card. Great use for that overlay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom will be happy- love the overlay on a card, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete